Daylight “savings” really?
After cruising through the Wall Street Journal this morning, I now blame the wonderful folks at the candy companies for this robbery of my precious weekend sleep + free time.
Well it turns out that in 2007, the folks at some of our country’s largest candy makers banded together and begged the President to move the start/end of daylight savings – the reason was simple – extended the wonderful Halloween treat-seeking window. Really?
…the one and only time I feel slighted about chocolate…ok, maybe only for a few minutes.
In order to recover from a little less sleep, a late night out meeting up with friends, and sore feet from my “practical” 3 inch heels traipsing around the city last night – it was time for a boost of antioxidants and protein.
Strawberry/Acai Smoothie to the rescue!
Ingredients (1 Serving):
- 1 small banana – fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 packet of Sambazon unsweetened Acai smoothie packet (found in the frozen fruit section of your grocery store)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1.5 tablespoon of peanut butter
- A few fresh blueberries for topping
Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth – if it is a little too thick try adding a little almond milk or pre-melt the Acai packets. Pour, top with a few fresh blueberries and enjoy!